21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant
Before and After School Enrichment Instructor Job Description
Project Good to Great at Pleasant View and Molholm Elementary are seeking instructors, tutors, and coaches for its after-school programs. Club leaders are responsible for students during snack time, homework and club time. Clubs operate daily for 12 weeks each school semester, after school for 2 hours, Monday through Thursday. Before school hours vary per site, Mon -Thursday.
- Design engaging and comprehensive lesson plans and activities, prepare materials, and lead after school program classes or tutoring sessions with elementary age students
- Plan an hour and a half program each week for your club or group
- Track attendance and materials used
- Maintain strong communication with supervisors and other staff
- Experience with youth in education or an after-school program preferred
- Available one day a week after school, hours may vary..
- Must enjoy working with student between the age of 5-12.
- Must have a means of transportation to Pleasant View Elementary School or Molholm Elementary School
- Must pass a background check and orientation through Jefferson County Public Schools
About: Project Good to Great
Project Good to Great is funded by a 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant through the Colorado Department of Education and administered by Jefferson County Public Schools. Two sites have been funded through this grant, Molholm and Pleasant View elementary. Over 700 students are offered service through Project Good to Great.
Project Good to Great’s goals are:
- to increase academic achievement in reading, math, and science that will help students meet state and local performance standards;
- to provide a broad array of enrichment activities outside of the regular school day; and
- to provide resources and educational opportunities to support the well-being of families.
For more information, email Terri Pankey.
*These activities are funded by a 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant through the Colorado Department of Education.